At the day job I was tasked with creating a WordPress child theme for the college sports teams. Since I’m a Bootstrap kind of guy, and Lane has standardized on Bootstrap as a framework, I found a pretty basic theme that uses Bootstrap for its core and proceeded to modify the stuff that didn’t look right. The results are quite good and saved the college $5000/year over the framework most of the rest of the college sports teams use. Good day for me. I like paying my way.
- Totally custom design.
- Full Customizer integration. (Customizer is the WordPress admin interface for dealing with design aspects of your theme and website.)
- Ability to change the logo (Titan Athletics) through the Customizer.
- Ability to change the tagline in the top gold bar (OFFICIAL ATHLETICS WEBSITE…) through the Customizer.
- Ability to change the semi-opaque background image (behind the slideshow on the home page) through the Customizer.
- Mega-menu integrated through the stock WordPress menu system so you can change all aspects of the menu structure and design without having to call the web guy.
- Ability to change the page background color through the Customizer.
- Upcoming Events automated through a SPUD from 25-Live, the scheduling system the college uses.
- Full responsive embeds, like YouTube and Vimeo videos as well as images. (This is mostly stock WordPress behavior, but it needed a little help.)
- Off the shelf plugins were used for things like OUR VALUED PARTNERS so they can list sponsors.
- Team Rosters are also through an off the shelf plugin, but it allows you to totally customize the fields as well as the templates used for outputting the single player bio pages and the tabled rosters used on the team pages.
- A footer menu built with Bootstrap’s standard navbar code, but using a WordPress menu as its source. Easy for the end user to change what shows up in the footer through the Customizer.
- Custom recruiting forms for each sport.
- Accessible design that complies with government regulations for use with screen readers. This is ongoing, but, on launch, will be fully compliant. (Just in case you go to the site and test me on it and it’s not quite there yet…)
- And, of course, the site is fully responsive so it’s going to look great on a phone, a tablet or a computer.
Development Server Link: https://vader.lanecc.edu/lanetitans/
Production Site Link: http://lanetitans.com (Will look very different until the final site is launched…)